Wednesday 27 August 2008

Water water everywhere and not a drop to drink part 2

Well I am still without bathroom and still relying on the kindness of others in order to remain clean. This whole episode did give me the perfect excuse to use my mum's bath though. She has one of these huge corner baths that you could practically swim, it's great fun. Mind you I think any bath would be great fun when you don't have a bath of your own.

Attended my second Slimming World class this evening and found that I had lost 1.5lbs. This is a great achievement considering the weekend of excess I had. On Saturday, I went to visit my cousin (no, not for a bath) who makes the most sinful caramel shortbread and truffles. She gave me a whole box of each to take home :-(

This is not good for a recovering chocoholic. I indulged probably a bit more than I should have then washed it down with some red wine. On Sunday, Mr B's parents came back from three weeks in the US. We went to visit them at night (taking the caramel shortbread & truffles with us in the hope that someone would take them off our hands). They ordered in Chinese takeaway (with prawn crackers) and then we had more caramel shortbread for dessert. This was not a good idea.

I can only try my best though. I don't claim to be perfect but I am still pleased that I managed to lose a bit of weight.

No comments: