Monday 18 August 2008

Amy Winehouse & Faux Bacon

Last night, I watched some footage of Amy Winehouse's performance at the V Festival. I am a fan of Amy and have to say that I found it incredibly sad that she was in such a state on stage. She looked emaciated and under the influence of some drug (prescribed or otherwise). She is so talented but looked as though it was an effort to stand up never mind sing. What were her management thinking sending her out to do that performance? She should be recuperating somewhere, getting looked after by people who genuinely care for her instead of being made a spectacle of on stage in front of thousands of people. It was car crash television. For more on this see http://www.nme.com/news/amy-winehouse/38996

On a lighter note, since giving up eating pork some months ago I have on occasion missed a bacon sarnie. I decided to purchase some pretend bacon whilst doing my weekly shop the other day. I bought the Quorn variety. I must admit I was a bit dubious at first. Upon opening the packet, it certainly smelled like bacon but looked a bit precarious with several strips all exactly the same colour and size which didn't look anything like proper bacon. Anyway, I fried the strips lightly on each side and gingerly took a bite. I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like real bacon. Great!
I would highly recommend it to anyone who doesn't eat pork or to anyone who is thinking of giving up pork but doesn't want to ditch the bacon & eggs or bacon sandwiches. Yum!

Loving: Faux bacon

Loathing: My bathroom

No comments: