Thursday 21 August 2008

Water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink

The new bathroom saga continues..........

The plumber came on Monday night and ripped out my bath/shower and sink in order for the joiner to come in on Tuesday morning to start work on the floors.

Unfortunately about an hour after the plumber left with my old bathroom suite in the back of his van, the joiner got in touch to say that sadly his mother-in-law is about to die and he could no longer come along on Tuesday morning to start work. I have no idea when this work will be completed now but our problems are small in comparison to his at the moment and my thoughts are with him and his family.

However, every cloud has a silver lining as they say. The toilet is still there so we can be thankful for that and more importantly, I went to the gym yesterday in order to use their showers and did 45 mins or exercise whilst I was there (well, I thought it a bit cheeky to just walk in, use the shower and leave).

I also thought that it might be a good idea to join Slimming World last night in order to keep up with the weight loss. I went along to my local class and was pleased that everyone was so friendly. The class leader was really nice and seems to love food which is always important. You can eat quite a lot on the SW plan, it's all about the combination of food you are eating and making sure that you eat healthy as opposed to following fad diets. I am optimistic.
By the time the new bathroom is installed I will be a shadow of my former self.

Loving: My blog.

Loathing: Gym showers.

2 comments:

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Just found your blog, and am loving going through all your posts!

And good on you for being so committed to getting into shape! I wish I was so determined!

Miss H: said...

Thanks for that Mrs B. I also enjoy reading your blog very much especially the Where is Tater? That cat is hilarious.