Saturday 6 December 2008

Clean Out Your Handbags

With Samhain over and the end of the calender year fast approaching I decided to do a little bit of cleaning and tidying this weekend.

I have a cupboard/wardrobe in our spare bedroom where I keep my clothes, bags, shoes etc and have been meaning to clear this out for a while. Carrie Bradshaw's walk-in-closet it is definitely not. You could certainly walk into it but the question is, would you ever get out?

Anyway, I found several handbags which I haven't used for some time but didn't clear them out before throwing them back into the cupboard. I was actually on the prowl for loose change as I am trying to save all I can for my holiday (yes, it really is that bad). I decided that now was the time to clear out the bags whilst looking for the loose change and I could not believe the stuff I found in them. My haul included:

  1. 1 x packet of paracetamol capsules
  2. 1 x packet of indigestion relief tablets (which I am hoping I won't need again)
  3. A bottle of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle with a little bit left in it. (I knew I had this but didn't know where it had gone)
  4. 2 x tubes of anti-bacterial hand gel
  5. 1 Laura Mercier concealer
  6. 1 Yankee Candle loyalty card
  7. 1 Christian Dior lip gloss
  8. 1 Laura Mercier lipstick
  9. 3 Mac lipsticks
  10. 1 Laura Mercier lipstick
  11. 2 teaspoons (I had wondered recently why my teaspoons were disappearing)
  12. 1 Chanel lip liner
  13. 1 Christmas bauble (yes, really!)
  14. Approx £3.00 in loose change (which has now been added to my holiday fund)
  15. A £3.00 discount voucher for my local supermarket (still valid)
  16. 1 mirror
  17. A New York subway map
  18. Approx 10 pens
  19. 3 pairs of gloves (which I also knew I had but couldn't find)
  20. A notebook

I have to say I am slightly ashamed of myself for leaving some of this stuff in handbags in the cupboard. It's not that I don't appreciate what I have, I am just a bit scatterbrained and disorganised sometimes. From now on though, I am going to make sure that I am more organised with my stuff and that I don't allow so much of it to accumulate in my handbags. The shame!

No comments: