Friday 2 January 2009

New Year, New Year!

It occurred to me today that I haven't posted anything new on my blog for ages. Unfortunately, after so looking forward to the festive season I was struck down with terrible flu on December 21st and that completely floored me.

I was so disappointed to be ill after having recovered so successfully from having my gall bladder removed in November but am pleased to report it has nearly gone.

Anyway, a funny thing happened on New Year's eve which has made me think that things are looking up for 2009. I went to the chemist to get Mr B's prescription and on my way out noticed a horse shoe lying on the ground pointing in my direction. I didn't pick it up because it was very rusty and had nails poking out of it but I thought that this was a rather strange, and I hope, good omen. There was no reason for a horse shoe to be lying down there as it is in the middle of town with no horses or stables anywhere nearby. Oh well, let's hope I will be lucky.

I have been thinking about the good things that have happened to me in 2008 and about the things I have to be thankful for and also about the things I would like to achieve in 2009.

Good things from 2008

1. Successfully having my gall bladder removed.
2. Losing 19lbs.
3. Beginning voluntary work.
4. Liking myself more and becoming more confident.

Things I would like to achieve in 2009

Weight Loss
Hmmmmmm.....I am going to be realistic here and set myself an achievable goal so that I won't be disappointed. I would like to lose at least 19lbs. I think I can definitely do this if I put my mind to it.

Self Development
I think that it is important for myself to keep on learning new things and this year I would like to finish my PDA in Adult Literacies Learning and begin some sort of further education course. I intend to do the other course part-time/distance learning and I haven't quite decided what to do it in yet.

Those are the only goals I have set for myself this year and I will do my best to achieve them. Fingers crossed.

No comments: